June 8, 2010
Written by C.N.
You might be interested to read the following posts from June of years past:
- 2009: The Model Minority Image: Balancing Praise and Caution
Analyzing the model minority image and how Asian Americans can both celebrate hard work and accomplishment along with mindful reflection of the different dynamics of what success entails.
- 2008: Disneyland: A Metaphor for Fitting In
A family outing to Disneyland highlights some of the issues that Asian Americans face when it comes to whether or not we’re part of the American mainstream.
- 2007: Survey of Young People in California
A recent survey of young Californians highlight many similarities and a few interesting differences across racial groups.
- 2006: Best Companies for Asian Americans
Research by Diversity Inc. magazine identifies the most Asian American-friendly companies in the U.S.
- 2005: 49ers Video Promotes Anti-Asian Stereotypes
Analyzing the controversy over a comedy skit produced by the San Francisco 49ers football team that many Asian Americans have criticized as racist.
- 2004: Who’s the More Ignorant?
Reactions to a racial slur from Bill Parcells highlights the historical and ongoing differences between being ‘Asian’ and ‘Asian American.’