March 11, 2010
Written by C.N.
You might be interested to read the following posts from March of years past:
- 2009: Identity Formation Among Multiracial Americans
A new study on how multiracial Americans form their identity points to a similar process among Asian Americans.
- 2008: Government Apologies to Native Populations
Looking at the sociological implications of two recent examples in which national governments officially apologize to indigenous ethnic groups.
- 2007: America’s Top Asian American Women CEO
A brief profile of Andrea Jung, CEO of Avon Cosmetics and the only Asian American woman CEO of a Fortune 500 corporation.
- 2006: Asian Workers Report the Most Discrimination
New data show that Asian Americans report the highest rates of discrimination in the workplace.
- 2005: Worst Hollywood Portrayals of Asian Americans
AsianWeek magazine counts down the top 10 worst and best portrayals of Asian Americans in Hollywood movies.
- 2004: William Hung Mania Sweeps the U.S.
Looking at the positive and negative aspects of the William Hung phenomenon.