October 14, 2010
Written by C.N.
You might be interested to read the following posts from October of years past:
- 2009: Asian American Students Acting Like Idiots
A fight and arrests of Asian American students at a party hosted by the Lambda Phi Epsilon fraternity brings up troubling questions of race, hyper-masculinity, and accountability.
- 2008: Exploring Asian and Latino Connections
New academic research explores historical and cultural connections between Asians and Latinos.
- 2007: Debating Native Hawaiian Identity
A debate about who exactly is ‘Native Hawaiian’ brings up the larger question of diversity within the Asian American community.
- 2006: Questions of Loyalty and Asian American Identity
The case of Army lieutenant Ehren Watada’s objection to serving in Iraq reopens old wounds for many Japanese Americans.
- 2005: The State of Asian American TV Stars
Columnist Jeff Yang summarizes how often and well Asian Americans are represented on TV these days.
- 2004: Asian American Studies Progress
Congratulations to UCLA ‘s Asian American Studies Department, the first such department at a major research university.