April 7, 2011
Written by C.N.
If you’re the nostalgic type, you might be interested to read the following posts from April of years past:
- 2010: Jeff Yang’s Profile of an Asian Male Porn Star
The only heterosexual male Asian porn star offers some interesting life lessons for Asian American men, sociologically speaking.
- 2009: Kimchi Quesadillas and Korean BBQ Tacos
The fusion of Korean and Mexican food in Los Angeles represents another melding of different cultures in contemporary American society.
- 2008: Chinese Students Lashing Back
A resurgence of national and ethnic pride by Chinese students around the world has the danger of reinforcing the criticisms against them.
- 2007: Korean Reaction to VA Tech Shootings: Guilt vs. Solidarity
Examining the contradictions between Asian American racial solidarity and disassociating ourselves from the Virginia Tech gunman.
- 2006: Hines Ward’s Effect on Korean Society
Hine Ward’s visit to his mother’s homeland of South Korea prompts many people there and in the U.S. to rethink mixed-race identities.
- 2005: Hollywood Remaking Asian Cinema
Major Hollywood studios are increasingly remaking Asian movies for U.S. audiences — is this a good or bad thing?
- 2004: Outrage at Racist & Homophobic Details Magazine
Racist and homophobic stereotypes against Asian Americans prompt mass protests against Details magazine.
- 2001: A Real Eye Opener
A national opinion survey reveals ongoing and pervasive suspicions and hostilities against China.