April 9, 2010
Written by C.N.
You might be interested to read the following posts from April of years past:
- 2009: Questioning the ‘American’ in Asian American
Examining three recent events in which Asian Americans were questioned and challenged on whether they were really “American.”
- 2008: Legacy of Virginia Tech Tragedy and Effects on Asian Americans
On the anniversary of the Cho shooting tragedy at Virginia Tech, what have been the effects on Asian Americans and American society in general?
- 2007: Adult Asian Americans Helping Their Parents
Examining the complex process of assimilation, identity, and intergenerational relations among Asian Americans.
- 2006: Asian Drivers: Good or Bad?
The debate still rages about whether Asian and Asian American drivers are good or bad and the sociological implications of both sides.
- 2005: Gwen Stefani’s “Harajuku Four”
How Gwen Stefani fetishizes, dehumanizes, and commercializes Japanese culture.
- 2004: The Tragic Anna Mae He Case
The controversial custody battle over Anna Mae He highlights the tragedy of cultural differences in American society.