October 11, 2007
Written by C.N.
I wanted to point out that I have updated one of the most-read and most controversial articles on this site — Interracial Dating and Marriage. Using the most up-to-date Census Bureau data available, the new tabulations not only provide the latest statistics available, but also include numbers from three different statistical models that include different groups of Asian Americans. Each model has its own strengths and weaknesses, so be sure to read the accompanying text — not just the numbers — to properly understand what they mean.
To give you a basic summary, generally speaking, across all three statistical models I present, these are the Asian ethnic groups are most or least likely to have each kind of spouse:
Men/Husbands — Most / Least Likely to Have a(n) __ Wife:
- Endogamous — Most: Vietnamese / Least: Filipinos
- Other Asian (Pan-Asian) — Most: Japanese / Least: Asian Indians
- White — Most: Filipinos / Least: Vietnamese
- Black — Most: Koreans / Least: Asian Indians
- Hispanic/Latino — Most: Filipinos / Least: Koreans
- Multiracial or Other — Most: Filipinos / Least: Vietnamese
Women/Wives — Most / Least Likely to Have a(n) __ Husband:
- Endogamous — Most: Vietnamese / Least: Filipinos/Koreans
- Other Asian (Pan-Asian) — Most: Japanese/Koreans / Least: Asian Indians
- White — Most: Korean / Least: Vietnamese
- Black — Most: Filipinos / Least: Chinese
- Hispanic/Latino — Most: Filipinos / Least: Vietnamese
- Multiracial or Other — Most: Japanese / Least: Vietnamese
Check out the new numbers and let me know what you think.
Copyright © 2001- by C.N. Le. Some rights reserved.
Suggested reference: Le, C.N. . "Updated Intermarriage Statistics" Asian-Nation: The Landscape of Asian America. <http://www.asian-nation.org/headlines/2007/10/updated-intermarriage-statistics/> ().
Short URL: http://www.asian-nation.org/headlines/?p=493
Translate Into Another Language