June 20, 2006
Written by C.N.
Diversity Inc. Magazine has just released a survey that ranks the Top Ten Best Companies For Asian Americans to Work For, based on proportions of total employees who are Asian American, salaries, promotions, and executive representation and in their words, “a long-term commitment to this community and to recognizing, developing and promoting top Asian-American talent”:
1. Hewlett Packard (Computer Technology)
2. Abbott (Pharmaceuticals)
3. New York Life Insurance Co. (Financial Services)
4, Merrill Lynch & Co. (Financial Services)
5. Southern California Edison Co. (Electricity & Public Utilities)
6. Sempra Energy (Electricity & Public Utilities)
7. Novartis Pharmaceutical (Pharmaceuticals)
8. Merck & Co. (Pharmaceuticals)
9. HBO (TV & Entertainment)
10. Depository Trust & Clearing Corp. (Financial Services)
Overall, the list looks to be balanced in terms of industry representation, although pharmaceuticals and financial services seem to be overrepresented. At any rate, it’s good to know that there are companies out there who do value Asian Americans as executives and supervisors, and not just as employees.
I wonder why there are no government agencies on the list. Hmmm . . .
Copyright © 2001- by C.N. Le. Some rights reserved.
Suggested reference: Le, C.N. . "Best Companies for Asian Americans" Asian-Nation: The Landscape of Asian America. <http://www.asian-nation.org/headlines/2006/06/best-companies-for-asian-americans/> ().
Short URL: http://www.asian-nation.org/headlines/?p=266
Translate Into Another Language